Canadian Payroll Services is looking for an experienced Project Manager and Scrum Master for their Client’s Montreal office – one who demonstrates both passion and leadership in the art of agile project management
As the selected candidate, you will successfully manage a large-scale project implementation of in North America Americas under the supervision of the global Project Manager through effective planning, scheduling and controlling. Business travel is expected, both within the Client offices around the world as well as to various customer locations.
The main responsibility for the Scrum Master will be to help the teams implement their ways of working, ensuring collaboration between teams and value delivery. As a Scrum Master you are responsible for driving continuous improvements by coaching the teams.
The person we are looking for is passionate about keeping up to date with current best practices and not afraid to drive and implement changes. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be prepared to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment driving first class technical solutions.
• Schedule Management: Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, deliverables, customer requirements, task dependencies, and critical paths.
• Cross Functional Leadership: Provides leadership, direction and integrates activities with other departments, Client’s vendors and partners to ensure successful implementation and support.
• Issue / Risk Management: Anticipates and identifies Risks and Issues that may impact implementation and develops and implements mitigation and corrective actions.
• Scope: Ensures the project remains focused on key objectives and goals. Develop and manage project expectations ensuring all applicable functional areas in Client are engaged on the project.
• Communication Management: Create and maintain a communication plan.
• Change Management: Ensure proper change management procedures are followed to ensure scope is managed and additional work is captured and appropriately billed to customer.
• Act as a servant leader including facilitation, mentoring, situational awareness, and conflict resolution.
• Supports and facilitate sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, reviews, etc. to support the successful delivery of product backlog work items.
• Remove sprint roadblocks and facilitate solution development with the team.
• Supports a culture of continuous process improvement through sprint retrospectives.
• Perform other functions as assigned.
• PMP certification
• Scrum Master certification
• Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2-5 years project management experience
• 2-5 years customer facing experience
• Agile project management experience
• Experience managing complex technical software implementation projects
• Strong business acumen and relationship skills needed to build partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports
• Aviation industry expertise, ideally in the area of crew management solutions
• Fluency in English and strong communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn a complex setup
• Problem solver
• Team player